Digital Six is an established ecommerce agency formed in 1999. We’ve won multiple industry awards for our projects and innovations and are lucky enough to work with a variety of clients from sole traders to international brands. Digital Six is known in the industry for creating exciting and technically sophisticated solutions for our clients built mainly on Magento 2. Our current focus is on developing PWAs so experience in this area would be preferred.
We’re looking for our ideal candidate to be hands on by ideally using 20% of your time writing code, 40% technical scoping and 40% of your time supporting the team. Obviously, this can vary so we are looking for you to be as adaptive, agile and understanding as possible. You will also have proven leadership experience and will be the go to for technical support and advice.
You will provide support to our Technical Director and Project Managers to ensure the efficient delivery of multiple, varied, concurrent projects ranging from; PWA builds, website development, smaller but equally important client improvement projects, as well as the development of bespoke extensions.
You will meet with clients to help scope out solutions that will satisfy their functional requirements and will be able to explain technical solutions in ‘plain English’. You will work closely with the sales, operations, account management and marketing teams during the requirements discovery scoping process. You will also be required to give technical direction during the design and development phases by driving decisions and co-ordinating the efforts of the development team members.
- Hands on experience of Magento 2, Shopify, ShopifyPlus & BigCommerce - ideally Certified
- Delivery Focused
- Prior lead/senior responsibilities in an agency environment
- Experience integrating ecommerce platforms with large-scale systems (ERPs, CRMs, fulfilment systems, etc.)
- Sound understanding of development teams and what is needed to make them successful
- Experience in writing future-proof, reusable code
- Experience of scoping out new technical requirements and solutions, whilst meeting the stakeholders' expectations
- Actively work on Magento 2, Shopify Plus & BigCommerce projects
- Act as the ‘go to’ for developers that get stuck or have a technical question regarding a project they are working on
- Support colleagues in an effective manner. Managing your time as well as overseeing the development team’s work - ensuring it is developed according to the solution and timescale that you identified
- Create and implement risk mitigation processes and conduct security audits to determine weaknesses in applications within Digital Six and our clients
- Ensure collaboration between internal cross-functional teams (Sales, Account Management, Design, Marketing, Operations and Development)
- Identify core competencies and roles inside the team to develop and build new skill sets
- Maintain strong working relationships internally to ensure open lines of communication regarding priorities, requirements and/ or status
- Provide backend/ frontend developers with the tools and assets they require to complete the project at hand
- Manage technical quality standards for every project - ensure that the team is informed and that quality is at the heart of every development
- Ensure that project scoping is correct so that we can collectively deliver projects on time, within budget!
Perks & Location
- We actively promote and value work/ life balance in Digital Six so therefore offer remote working, cycle to work scheme, holiday buy/ sell, private gym access and a company pension
- Role will be completely remote working for the foreseeable future
I'm Sold, How Do I Apply?