Digital Six is an established ecommerce agency formed in 1999. We have won multiple industry awards for our projects and innovations and are lucky enough to work with a variety of clients from sole traders to international brands. Due to the nature of our projects, we run a hybrid of agile and waterfall methodologies with weekly scrums and retrospectives, so experience working this way is a must!
Ideally, we are looking for someone from a Technical Lead ecommerce background with 5-8 year’s previous experience managing or providing solutions using omnichannel commerce software (ideally including Magento OS/Commerce) preferably in a high-volume agency or solution integrator environment. You should display a high degree of adaptability in order to embrace new technologies as needed and successfully manage the daily challenges of an ever changing technical environment.
The main objective of this role is to support our Technical Director and Project Manager to ensure the efficient delivery of multiple, varied, concurrent projects ranging from PWA builds, website development to smaller (but equally important) client improvement projects, as well as the development of bespoke extensions throughout their agreed life cycle.
You will work very closely with the development team from requirements gathering through to implementation and deployment of the completed projects. You will also be required to give technical direction during the design and development phases by driving decisions and co-ordinating the efforts of the development team members. In some instances, you will need to work on your own client projects, this could be building complex customer integrations with third-party systems so an understanding of how to use API systems, manipulate events, handle file imports etc.
Example Technical Lead Development Tasks
- Evaluate the development team's work processes, best practices and implement changes to streamline development operations
- Create and implement risk mitigation processes and conduct security audits to determine weaknesses in applications within Digital Six
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean code
- Ensure collaboration between internal cross-functional teams
- Maintains strong working relationships internally to ensure open lines of communication regarding priorities, requirements, and status
- 3+ years of experience with PHP
- Magento Experience - Magento Solution Specialist qualification would be preferable
- Passion for CI/CD and automation
- Experience managing or supporting other developers
- Ensuring the team is implementing clean reusable code
- Maintaining development best practices
- Recruit and grow new competencies and roles inside the team to build new skill sets
- Understanding principles of server maintenance
- Understanding the platforms we use and how to work within them
- Managing your time as well as overseeing the development team’s time
- Working with an eye towards the future, not just the current task
- Providing the best solutions that fit the requirements of the project as scoped
- Supporting the team - Investigation and quick resolution of problems that arise
- Assisting other developers as and when required
- Provide backend/ frontend developers with the tools and assets they require to complete project at hand
- Self-improvement and self-education
- Ensure that we collectively deliver projects on time, within budget!
Perks & Location
- We actively promote and value work/ life balance in Digital Six so therefore offer remote working, cycle to work scheme, holiday buy/ sell, private gym access and a company pension
- Role will be completely remote working for the foreseeable future
I'm Sold, How Do I Apply?