Digital Six is an established ecommerce agency formed in 1999. We’ve won multiple industry awards for our projects and innovations and are lucky enough to work with a variety of clients from sole traders to international brands. We’re known in the industry for creating exciting and technically sophisticated solutions for our clients built mainly on Magento 2. Our current focus is on developing PWAs so experience in this area would be preferred.
We are looking for someone who is highly experienced in Magento 2, working as a Backend Developer for a high volume Ecommerce Agency. You should display a high degree of adaptability in order to embrace new technologies as needed and successfully manage the daily challenges of an ever-changing technical environment.
As a backend developer for Digital Six, you are responsible for providing the backend tools and functionality that are required, ensuring that our platforms are kept secure, and working directly with our servers.
You are expected to have a solid understanding of PHP, Linux, SQL, nginx/Apache, composer, and version control software, and to be able to pick up a solid understanding of Magento 2’s framework if you do not already have one. You are expected to understand at least the basics of how the frontend framework for Magento 2 works so that you can provide the frontend team with the tools they need.
You may be called upon to build complex custom integrations with third-party systems, and so an understanding of how to use API systems, manipulate events and handle file imports will also be useful.
You will ensure the efficient delivery of work that is assigned to you in multiple, varied, concurrent projects ranging from; PWA builds, website development, smaller but equally important client improvement projects, as well as the development of bespoke extensions.
You may also get involved in scoping new functionality - working closely with the sales, account management and marketing teams during the requirements discovery scoping process.
Example Development Tasks
- Implementation of core functionality
- Implementation of data fetch and format functionality for frontend developers
- Implementation of custom modules
- Configuring client servers
- Debugging errors
- Hands on experience of Magento 2 - ideally Magento Certified
- Integrating Magento with large-scale systems (ERPs, CRMs, fulfilment systems, etc)
- Writing future-proof, clean reusable code
- Scoping out new technical requirements and solutions
- Git, composer, capistrano, and other development tools
- Familiarity with the principles of server maintenance
- Familiarity of ecommerce platforms in general (eg Shopify Plus, Big Commerce)
- Great communication skills and be able to effectively run technical presentations
- Attention to detail
- Actively work on Magento 2 projects
- Provide Support - Investigation and quick resolution of problems that arise
- Manage your own time effectively
- Understanding the platforms we use and how to work within them
- Providing solutions that fit the requirements of the project as scoped
- Assisting other developers as required
- Provide frontend developers with the tools and assets they require for a functional frontend
- Self-improvement and self-education
- Time logging of billable and non billable hours
- Provide documentation and training for projects you have worked on
- Raise issues and problems as soon as possible so they can be overcome
- Deliver projects on time and on budget
- We actively promote and value work/ life balance in Digital Six so therefore offer remote working, cycle to work scheme, holiday buy/ sell, private gym access and a company pension
- Role will be completely remote working for the foreseeable future but Scotland/UK based preferable
I'm Sold, How Do I Apply?